MDGs and human rights in development cooperation: Looking beyond 2010 and 2015
This conference was organized by Center of Concern‐CIDSE IN New York, 29th June 2010.
It served as a platform for dialogue for actors participating in the development process by trying to give answer to these 4 questions in preparation of the MDG+10 september 2010 summit:
- How can human rights commitments help advance the MDGs agenda in the 5 years left towards the critical deadline of 2015?
- What efforts should be made to better account for them in a post‐MDG (after 2015) development cooperation architecture?
- What role can the ECOSOC DCF play in both of these efforts?
- What recommendations can be made for the MDGs+10 Summit to support them?
Speakers (does not necessarily reflect order in which they will speak):
- Rio Hada, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Dan Seymour, UNICEF
- World Bank (TBC)
- Permanent Mission of Colombia to the UN (TBC)
- Martin Dahinden, Director General of Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation
- Josefa Francisco, Development Alternatives with Women for a New Era
Moderator: Aldo Caliari, Center of Concern/ CIDSE