This workshop will be held in conjunction with, and the day before the formal opening of, the 4th OECD World Forum on Statistics, Knowledge and Policy, ‘Measuring Wellbeing for Development and Policy Making’ jointly organised with the government of India. The GPRNet was set up at the 3rd Global Forum in Busan, Korea in 2009 and has been supported by Wikiprogress.
The purpose of the New Delhi workshop will be to discuss the strategic development of the research network over the next five years and to plan a global program of research and action aimed at developing and mainstreaming better measures of progress, well-being and sustainability, through the engagement of citizens and policymakers with universities and other researchers.
1. Welcome and introduction, purpose of GPRNet (Mike Salvaris)
2. Reports from participants on projects and progress in their countries (All)
3. Report on progress of GPRNet and Wikiprogress, what has been achieved and what are the main challenges (Angela Hariche, Mike Salvaris,)
4. Roundtable discussion: The global movement to measure societal progress: key developments since 2009; and likely future developments in the next 3 years. (All)
5. Reviewing key priorities for the GPRNet in the next 3-5 years (All)
6. Discussion of key specific tasks for next 3 years (for details, see ‘Strategy Paper’): (All)
a. Bellagio Strategic Workshop
b. Global ‘Progress University’ network
c. Wikiprogress knowledge base
d. Formalise GPRN structure and board
e. International Scientific Panel /SSF Commission Mark 2
f. Funding core operating costs and business plan
g. International ‘Webinar’ Program
h. International Progress Research Conference and Research Agenda
7. Auspicing and funding, improving governance, recruiting new members and participants (All, led by Angela Hariche and Mike Salvaris)
8. Next steps (All).
9. Conclusion and thanks (Mike Salvaris)
- Note: The agenda broadly follows the order of items and issues set out in the GPRNet Strategy Paper
Outcomes of the Worksop
- Minutes of GPRNet Workshop at 4th OECD World Forum 15 October 2012
- Tally of Results, from GPRNet Workshop
Time and Location
The workshop will be held ahead of the 4th OECD World Forum in New Delhi. It will take place on the 15th October 2012 from 1.30 pm to 5.00 pm, with dinner afterwards. The workshop will be held in Room 293 of the Ashok Hotel (the main conference venue), situated at 50-B Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110 021, India.
All workshop participants are invited to join us for drinks and dinner afterwards.
Venue: Private Dining Room, The Oudh Restaurant, The Hotel Ashok
Manager: Mr Assad
Date: Monday, 15th October
Time: 5:30pm for pre-dinner drinks followed by dinner
Cuisine: Mild Indian
RSVP: email@example.com or by message to Tani Shaw given to the front desk at The Hotel Ashok