Citation needed is a template used to identify questionable claims that lack a citation to a reliable source.It is a media wiki template that is used widely on Wikipedia.
About the template
To ensure that wikiprogress articles are verifiable, users are able to question an uncited claim by using the Citation needed template.
Example: Most Canadians believe GDP is an inaccurate measure of national well-being.[ Citation needed ]
How to use
After the uncited claim, insert (in wikitext only) the template below.
When to use
- Please try to reference your work thoroughly.If you find an uncited claim that you think needs a verified source, please add the Citation needed template at the end of the claim (see the example above)
- If you come across the Citation needed template in an article you are editing, please try to find a verified source to support this claim and replace the Citation needed with a reference to this source.
- If another wikiprogress user has tagged your work with Citation needed" and you disagree, feel free to discuss this with them on the discussions page.
- Controversial, poorly-sourced claims should be flagged immediately and a wikiprogress administrator should be contacted.
Wikiprogress uses the same regulations as Wikipedia for referencing and citing sources. Please see useful links below.
- Why and when to cite sources
- How to format citations
- How to present citations
- Citation templates and tools
- ↑ Template Citation needed, Wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Citation_needed