Event:International Conference on Climate Change, Agri-Food, Fisheries, and Ecosystems - ICCAFE 2011
|Event:International Conference on Climate Change, Agri-Food, Fisheries, and Ecosystems - ICCAFE 2011|
This event will take place from May 19th - 21st, 2011, in Agadir City, Morocco.
After the huge success of the International Conference on "The Integration of Sustainable Agriculture, Rural Development, and Ecosystems in the Context of Food Insecurity, Climate Change, and the Energy Crisis", held in Agadir in November 2009, the second related conference is expected to sustain the debate, taking into consideration the current evolutions and required adjustments in perspective and approach. ICCAFFE2011, like the previous Conference, is an acknowledged and distinguished multinational forum that provided early focus on global warming, agri-food, fisheries, and ecosystems from an interdisciplinary approach as well as from a North-South perspective. It is designed to bring together scientists, experts, policy-makers, practitioners, and non-state actors from key disciplines, institutions, companies and networks from all over the world to share research outcomes and relevant experiences; contribute to the setting of future research and policy agendas; and explore necessary networking with regard to their relevant debates.
This conference will in addition address recognized gaps in knowledge, introduce the outcomes of research initiatives to world decision makers (international research centers, funding agencies for development, government representatives, international organizations, foundations…), make significant contribution to the building of workable futures and associated priorities, and explore the way forward in a world where challenges are increasingly observable and where remediate actions are required urgently.
Researchers and experts from institutions in Northern and Southern countries and from a wide spectrum of disciplines (including: social sciences, ecology, meteorology, agronomy, economics, engineering sciences, marine sciences, etc.) are invited in order to enrich and widen the scientific exchanges. Decision and policy-makers are the second part of the Conference’s target group. Stakeholders from all spheres (especially ministries and other national and territorial institutions, professional organizations, development institutions, advisory and support services, and NGOs) are important invitees. The exchange and interaction between the two categories of actors (researchers/decision-makers) are at the heart of the Conference objectives.
- Climate Change, Food Security and Agriculture
- Climate Change Adaptation in Food and Agriculture Perspective
- Innovation to Address Climate Change Challenges
- Sustainable Agriculture and Capacity Building
- Biofuel Linkages with Climate Change, Agriculture, and Food Security
- Marine Biodiversity and Ecosystem-Based Fisheries Management
- Contesting the Agro-Food System in the Context of Climate Change
- Farm Animal Welfare and Sustainable Production and Consumption
- Food’s Climate Impact and the Need for a Green- and Climate-Friendly Consumerism
- Climate Change, Ecosystem Services and Biodiversity Conservation
- Proactive and Coordinated Policy and Management Action Responses and Communication to Relevant Stakeholders