Freedom and Self-Determination Statistics
Statistics and Freedom
freedom. From these data, it will be possible to make statistical treatments to establish by countries, regions, or continents, typical profiles about freedom of populations. In order to understand this topics, a presentation of each indicators is necessary. There's four principal index of freedom :
- General rank of freedom, calculated as an average of followings indicators
- Economic freedom is a conception institute by three notions : rule of law, private property rights, freedom of contract that constitute a reliable overview of the topics.
- Press freedom consists of constitutional or statutory protections assignable to media and published materials. Indeed in countries of totalitarian governments, it's remarkable that the press is under control of the state and serves its propaganda.
- Democracy rating based on four categories of score : whether national elections are free and fair, the security of voters, the influence of foreign powers on government, the capability of the civil servants to implement policie. So, as well as for the press freedom, a country where democratic freedom isnt' respected is a country where people are not sovereign any more.
- Freedom of dress describes the freedom to wear the clothes of one's choice, i.e. without outside pressure, prohibition or legal sanctions. See article at Wikigender.org Freedom of dress.
- Freedom of movement is a human rights concept which asserts that a citizen of a state, in which that citizen is present, generally has the right to leave that state, travel wherever the citizen is welcome, and, with proper documentation, return to that state at any time. See article at Wikigender.org Freedom of movement.
Freedom is also interrelated with self-determination. They both are independent and individual autonomy conceptions.For example in the article 1 in both the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) and the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR) is written “All peoples have the right of self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development.”
It is a non-profit, nonpartisan organization working to advance the remarkable worldwide expansion of political and economic freedom.
Find more information about :
- Freedom in the World Country Ratings a dataset (from 1972 to 2007) related to political rights, civil liberties and freedom status by country
- Electoral Democracy shows the democracy degree by country from (1989 to 2009)
- Freedom in the World 2009, a report where it is possible to find more information on freedom status improving
- Map of freedom
It's a free, multilingual encyclopedia project supported by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation. Pages of this website are written collaboratively by volunteers around the world.
Find every country statistical website by consulting the concerned country page.