Inter-American Development Bank
The Inter-American Development Bank was founded in 1959. The IDB has 48 member countries, including 26 Latin American and Caribbean borrowing members. The bank supports efforts by Latin America and the Caribbean countries to reduce Poverty and Inequality and is the largest source of development financing in this area, besides loans, grants are provided as well as technical assistance and do research. The IDB has a strong commitment to achieve measurable results, increased integrity, transparency and accountability.
IADB Quality of Life in Latin America publications
- Lora, E. Beyond Facts: Understanding Quality of Life - Development in the Americas (Executive Summary) Inter-American Development Bank, 2008.
- Graham, C. Lora, E. Paradox and Perception: Measuring Quality of Life in Latin America. Inter-American Development Bank, 2009.
This book takes the study of happiness as a point of departure and uses a broader "quality of life"approach to study well-being in the region. The approach incorporates basic needs but extends beyond them to include capabilities, the livability of the environment, and life appreciation and happiness.
- Lora, E., Powell, A., van Praag, B., Sanguinetti, P.The Quality of Life in Latin American Cities: Markets and Perception. (Table of Contents) Inter-American Development Bank, 2010.
This book does not pretend to solve all the problems that must be addressed to establish a system for monitoring the quality of urban life. It does aspire, however, to serve as a means by which local governments, analysts of urban problems, and communities themselves may take advantage of a new generation of urban QoL monitoring strategies that have significant potential for contributing to public decision-making processes.
- Lora, E., Chapparo, J.The Conflictive Relationship between Satisfaction and Income (pdf). Inter-American Development Bank. 2008.
- Graham, C.Measuring Quality of Life in Latin America:What Happiness Research Can (and Cannot) Contribute. Inter-American Development Bank. 2008.
- Graham C., Higuera, L., Lora, E., Valuing Health Conditions -Insights from Happiness Surveys across Countries and Cultures. Inter-American Development Bank. 2009.
- Alcazar, L., Andrade, R. Quality of Life in Urban Neighborhoods in Metropolitan Lima, Peru. Inter-American Development Bank. 2008.
- Ferre, Z., Gandelman, N., Piani, G. Quality of Life in Montevideo. Inter-American Development Bank. 2008.
- Hall, L., Madrigal, R., Robalino, J., Quality of Life in Urban Neighborhoods in Costa Rica. Inter-American Development Bank. 2008.
- Lora, E., Powell, A., A New Way of Monitoring the Quality of Urban Life.Inter-American Development Bank. 2009.
Other papers and publications
|Please contribute and update this page. Your input is very much appreciated!|
- ↑ Inter-American Development Bank Offical website
- ↑ http://www.iadb.org/research/pub_desc.cfm?language=English&amp;amp;amp;PUB_ID=B-639
- ↑ http://www.iadb.org/research/pub_desc.cfm?language=English&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;PUB_ID=B-646