Check out the 2014 Social Progress Index Report, released this week!
The March 2014 eBrief is OUT! Get the latest Well-being and Progress news
We wish you all the best for International Day of Happiness on 20 March 2014.
Wellbeing and Policy report by the Legatum Institute
Measuring National Well-being, Life in the UK, 2014, by ONS UK
Ending Newborn Deaths by Save the Children is out!
The Children's Rights Alliance Report Card 2014 by Children's Rights Alliance is here!
Progress Around the World
Click here for an interactive map of progress initiatives around the world.
Who is online in Wikiprogress?
There are 145 anonymous and 0 registered users online. .
Welcome to Wikiprogress
- The user Alma just joined Wikiprogress.org - Welcome!
about a hour ago
- The user Alternativas just joined Wikiprogress.org - Welcome!
3 hours ago
- Diana edited Alternativas y Capacidades
4 hours ago
- Salema edited Citizen Engagement
10 hours ago
- Salema created Citizen Engagement
11 hours ago
- Young people feel robbed of a better life but they don't know what to do about it (Guardian 15.4.14)
- 5 Lessons About Citizen Engagement (GovLoop 9.4.14)
- Heads of IMF and World Bank Must Support a Global Goal to End Extreme Inequality (Huffington Post 9.4.14)
- How A Well-Being Index For Cities Is Taking Shape In California (Co.Exist 31 March 2014)
- Prisons hold 10 times as many mentally ill people compared to state hospitals (Newsworks 10.4.2014)
Find us on...
|Add an event|
|» Event:OECD Forum 2014|
|» Cities for Children: Annual conference 2014|
|Wikiprogress Events||Wikichild Events|
GDP in question: For almost sixty years, the objective of economic growth, quantitatively assessed by the Gross Domestic Product (GDP), has been pivotal within the elaboration of socioeconomic policies in capitalist economies. Today however, GDP faces a growing wave of criticisms. Whatever the nature of the criticism, this phenomenon reminds us that GDP is a historically situated tool, built in the specific post-war context, marked by a urgent need for reconstruction and for rebuilding an image of national power.