Flag of Morocco
|Population (In Millions)||32.27|
|Human Development Index||130/169|
|Gross Domestic Product (In USD Billions - World Bank)||100.22|
|Global Peace Index||58/153|
|Happy Planet Index||21/143|
|Social Institutions and Gender Index||17/86|
|Environmental Performance Index||52/163|
|Child Mortality Rate||28.2|
|More information on variables|
Main Progress Initiatives
The National Initiative for Human Development is a joint project developed by the government of Morocco and the World Bank. It focuses on reducing poverty and social exclusion.
Quality of Life
Multidimensional Poverty Index
The Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) for Morocco is 0.048. The MPI is an international measure of acute poverty covering 109 countries. The MPI reflects the multiple deprivations that poor people face at the same time in three dimensions: health, education and living standards. The MPI reflects both the incidence or headcount ratio (H) of poverty – the proportion of the population that is multidimensionally poor – and the average intensity (A) of their poverty – the average proportion of indicators in which poor people are deprived. More information on the MPI in Morocco is available here.
UNDP Human Development Report Trends - 2010
According to the United Nations Development Programme, Morocco was ranked 114th out of 169 countries ranked in the Human Development Index which is a composite index measuring average achievement in three basic dimensions of human development- a long healthy life, knowledge, and a decent standard of living.
With an HDI of 0.567 in 2010, Morocco's score is broken down as follows:
Health: 0.821 (life expectancy at birth of 71.8 years)
Education: 0.430 (mean years of schooling, 4.4)
Income: 0.515 (GNI per capita 2008 PPP US$ 4,638)
Jobs and Earnings
Civic Engagement and Governance
Happiness in Morocco
This is an overview of findings on Happiness in Morocco.The available findings are presented in the latest ‘Nation Report’ on Morocco. This report is ordered by type of happiness questions and within these types by year. This ordering is to facilitate the assessment of progress, comparison over time being most fruitful using the same questions.
The report presents means and standard deviations, both on the original scale range and transformed to a common range 0-10. The means inform about the level of happiness in the country and the standard deviations about inequality of happiness.
Links provide more detail about the precise text of the question, the full distribution of responses and technical details of the survey. The report is continuously updated.
Progress Papers and Publications in Morocco
- Initiative nationale pour le développement humain (French),2005, Plan de gestion de l'environnement, Ministére de l'énergie, des mines, de l'eau et de l'environnement.
- National Initiative for Human Development -Morocco, Morocco, Ministére de l'énergie, des mines, de l'eau et de l'environnement.
- Jouti, Fadoua. 2009.People First: The National Initiative for Human Development,1st EMUNI Research Souk 2009 (EMUNI Res 2009).The Euro-Mediterranean Student Research Multi-conference
Unity and Diversity of Euro-Mediterranean Identities
- Plateforme INDH 2011-2015 (French) ,2010,Ministére de l'énergie, des mines, de l'eau et de l'environnement.
- Event:International Conference on Climate Change, Agri-Food, Fisheries, and Ecosystems - ICCAFE 2011
- Human Development Index
- Human Development Report 2010
- Human Development Report 2010 - Media Review
- The Global Peace Index 2010
- ↑ United Nations Development Programme. International Human Development Indicators - UNDP. 2010. http://hdrstats.undp.org/en/countries/profiles/MAR.html (accessed March 9, 2011).