|What is Wikiprogress?||Getting Started||Navigation||Contributing|
How Wikiprogress works||Progress FAQs||Sign up / login||Recover password||Social media||Search and menus||Keyboard shortcuts||Create / edit an article||Citation||Categorisation||Uploading files||Adding events||Visualisation Tools||Get blogging||Wiki markup|
References and Citations
Cite sources when:
- adding or restoring material that is challenged or likely to be challenged,
- quoting someone, with or without quotation marks, or closely paraphasing a source,
- summarizing source material in your own words, in order to give credit to the source of your ideas,
- uploading an image.
- ensures that content can be checked by any reader or editor, which improves the credibility of Wikiprogress,
- shows that your edit is not original research, plagiarism, or a copyright violation,
- ensures that material about living persons complies with the biography of living persons policy,
- helps readers find additional information.
When you need to reference using the rich editor, insert after the phrase you need to reference. A box (see below) called Reference Properties will appear and you should enter the full reference here.
It is generally accepted to use APA or MLA citation format. There are forms for creating these online:www.lib.ncsu.edu/citationbuilder/, or, in order to save your own list of references, use Microsoft Word source builder.At the end of the article (after See Also and/or External Links section[s]), create a h from the tool bar.
To insert multiple references to the same source, use the "Reference Name (optional)" box after inserting the full reference above for the first time. The second occasion you wish to cite the same source, simply type the Reference Name shortcut in the Reference Name box and click okay. See the footnote below.
See Child Marriage for a good example of multiple references.
A reference list (see below) will appear once you have saved the article. Referencing your article is very important. If you have any questions, do not hestitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_sources. Wikipedia. 2010
- ↑ http://www.wikiprogress.org/index.php/Article_Template#References. This references the Template References page.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 This is a reference. This is a continuation of the reference. 2010.