UN Women Report- Progress of the World's Women 2011 - Media Review
- UN Women's Agency Publishes Sobering Report on Lack of Gender Equality (New York Times 07.07.2011)
Most countries still do not explicitly criminalize rape within marriage, according to a sweeping United Nations report of global women's rights published Wednesday.
- UN Women Agency Report Looks At Gender Equality, Women's Rights Around The World (Huffington Post 07.07.2011)
The United Nations' newest agency -- UN Women -- takes an ambitious and sometimes startling look at gender equality and women's rights around the world with its first-ever report.
- UN: implement women's legal entitlements (The Hindu 07.07.2011)
A report by a new UN agency on gender equality has called on member-states to make more efforts to ensure that women's legal entitlements are not on paper only, but get translated into equality and justice.
- Women face injustice all across the world: UN Women report (Economic Times 07.07.2011)
In rich and poor countries alike, the infrastructure of justice is failing women, says a UN Women report. Legal reform is only a start, the report argues - laws must be implemented to translate into true equality.
A Pakistani girl walks to her house in a poor neighborhood on the outskirts of the capital Islamabad on July 6, 2011.
- 'Gender-sensitive judicial system is need of the hour' (Hindustan Times 06.07.2011)
The catalyst for empowering women and ensuring their rights is a gender-sensitive judicial system. I
- UN report calls for end to injustices faced by women worldwide (Associated Press of Pakistan 06.07.2011)
Millions of women worldwide continue to experience injustice, violence and inequality in their homes, the workplace and public life...
- Talk point: What do you think of UN Women's justice report? (The Guardian 06.07.2011)
A UN prison officer from Nigeria in the Juba prison in Southern Sudan.
- UN Women Report 2011: Good News, Bad News By the Numbers (Forbes 06.07.2011)
This morning marks the release of the first-ever report from the newly established UN Women.