About your entry
Competition submissions can be in the form of an infographic / static data visualization or interactive visualization.
- Your entry must be in English.
- It must be an original creation and be your own work.
- Data sources and other references must be clearly cited.
- You must have the rights to use any copyrighted materials such as photography included in your entry.
- Any creative commons licensed material must appear with the appropriate attribution.
Specific information for interactive/animated visualizations
Hosting of animated or interactive entries will need to be arranged by participants, these entries cannot be hosted directly on Wikiprogress.org. These will then either be embedded on Wikiprogress.org, or Wikiprogress.org will link to your hosted entry.
Please take into account that the size of the embedded entries might vary from the original size, therefore it is recommended (but not required) that the entries have a web responsive design to maintain the original aspect of the elements.
Specific information for static infographics and visualizations
Static infographics and visualizations will need to be constructed paying careful attention to legibility, particularly in print, as the entries may be printed and displayed at the 5th OECD World Forum in Guadalajara.
To submit your entry
To submit your entry to the competition, please send it as an attached file or link in an email firstname.lastname@example.org If you encounter issues contacting email@example.com, please submit your entry firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line of the email please specify your name as follows:
DataVizCompetition_LAST NAME_FIRST NAME
Also include your name in the name of the file or url of your entry.
In the body of the email, please let us know the following information:
- A short title for your entry
- A description of your entry explaining:
- The concept you are aiming to show.
- The reasoning behind your design (i.e. why did you choose a particular format or approach)
- An explanation of how you transformed the data for the visualization
- Any relevant related works that inspired you
- A full list of data sources and other references
- Whether you will be under 26 years old on the 24 August 2015 and eligible for the prize for under 26 year-olds. Proof of age and identity will be requested from the selected winner(s).
You may submit up to three entries.
Submissions will be received from 17 June 2015 to 24 August 2015.